What a pleasure it is to see the sky light up when you don’t expect it to. More warmer days!
Its spring time in the northern hemisphere. We experienced summer like temperature last few weeks in NJ. This week is back to spring temperatures again. 🙁 We were surprised with the temperature jump from winter to summer like weather conditions. The plants and trees might be confused with the crazy weather I guess. When I went on recent photo walks, I took some pictures using my iPhone. Below is one I would like to share.
This tree amused me because of the number of flowers it had. I think it is a cherry tree of some kind. It was an amazing site to see the spring blooms in a row. Some areas have a heavenly feeling with the blooming flowers. When I think about my favorite season, I believe spring spring would be my be.
Over the weekend I attended a HDR workshop. I learned a lot about processing photos and the different techniques. More over the valuable lesson is post processing could make a good picture look better. Other than the few apps like Photoforge2, color splash and painteresque, I have not used Aperture on my iMac yet. Keep an eye in my next post for my experience with Aperture and the minor tweaks to my photographs.
It has been a few days since my last post and as I recover from my viral flu I can focus on the many topics floating in my head. Now that we are in March, I am sure every one of us globally are talking about changing weather. Some may be happy about the change and some not so happy. People in my region are looking forward to spring and the good weather to go out.
We had good weather this winter with less than usual snow. The previous winter we had more snow storms, freezing rains and below freezing days in general. We are still not out of the woods yet. We still have another few weeks of winter before we are officially in spring. When I lived in upstate NY, the expectation of the weather was completely different from what I have in central NJ. There are many things associated with change in weather. Travelling will be difficult with bad weather conditions. Prices go up for some products and more over there seems to be a sense of unreliability. Weather is controlled by nature and no matter how experienced an expert is the predictions can be a failure.
The purpose of lifting the wiper blades up during a snow storm has been defeated during the freezing rain storm in 2011. Luckily this winter we did not have any major freezing rain in my area and it saved a lot of time and effort. This is one of the major reasons why many people like Spring and Summer compared to Autumn and Winter.
There is no good or bad aspect about changing weather. Nature has to take it’s course for the world to keep functioning in a natural order. Even though we as individuals find it difficult to manage in certain ways to do our routine work, there are things that occur beyond my/our knowledge.
Man has lived under different weather conditions globally ranging from the hottest deserts to the coldest deserts. I have heard in various discourses about how seasons can change out of order with the change in righteousness followed by the world citizens.
Heat is a basic necessity in winter, especially in colder countries so it can be a nerve racking experience. Stop panicking and get something warm to wear. 🙂 Then the real work begins. Depending on where you live and what heating system you have, begin troubleshooting. Disclaimer: Use caution when working with electricity and gas! 🙂
In my house, I have a gas furnace in my basement. Being a new home owner, I am less experienced with these matters but I would like to impart my two cents.
- Firstly rush to the thermostat to check if heater is on. If it is turned on then check if it is at the correct temperature. If not, then change the temperature and you are all set. Ignore everything else and go on about your day.
- If step 1 failed, check if any of the switches tripped in the main switch box or main switch area. If you find the furnace switch off, then turn it on (Use discretion because there could be something electrically wrong with your furnace as well). Turn the switch on and wait to see if your heat starts working again.
- If step 2 failed or is not applicable, hurry to furnace room in the basement or where ever it is located. Identify the furnace. This is the most important part because without knowing where the furnace is, it will be very difficult to troubleshoot this issue.
- See if the pilot is turned on. Pilot is the area of the furnace that flames up when the temperature goes down. A gas heater typically pumps the warm air from the pilot into the house through ducts that are strategically installed in the rooms of the house. Refer to the manual or online resources to have it lit up.
- If all else fails, call a handyman or service professional to get it fixed. Good luck!
The weather affects our lives in many ways. This year the winter in my area has been a little different from the past years. I have not lived here long enough to throw a record but everyone in my region would agree the light winter this year.
I had a recent conversation with my uncle about this and I remember my father mentioning before also; with the rising unrighteousness (dharma), there will be a reflection of that on the weather / climate conditions. I found that interesting and strongly believe that everything in this world is interconnected. As per the great Sir Isaac Newton, every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
Before getting too philosophical let me get back to the weather. Can’t wait for spring as it is my favorite season of them all. Stay warm and keep indoors in these last winter days.